Discover the Charms of Baku: An Exploration of Old and Modern Sights
Embark on a captivating journey through the heart of Baku, where the past seamlessly melds with the present. Our Old and Modern Baku Tour promises to reveal the city’s hidden treasures and iconic landmarks, leaving you with indelible memories.
Prepare to be transported through time as our expert guide leads you from the grand entrance of the ancient city. Marvel at architectural marvels dating back to the 12th century, each telling a story of Baku’s rich history. Immerse yourself in the ambiance of the old city, a testament to the 19th-century oil boom that transformed this region.
Our adventure continues as we ascend to the Upland Park, where panoramic views of the city will take your breath away. For those opting for a private tour, a transfer awaits to whisk you to the Haydar Aliyev Cultural Center, a masterpiece of modern architecture.
- Delight in a tasting of traditional dried fruits.
- Enjoy comfortable transport throughout the tour.
- Benefit from the insights of our knowledgeable professional guide.
- Begin your journey at the magnificent Double Gates, also known as Gosha Gala Gapisi, where your guide will await you, bearing the Baku City Tours sign. Here, you’ll receive a concise history of Baku, dating all the way back to the Stone Age.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Maiden Tower: Explore the 12th-century Maiden Tower, a historic monument nestled within Baku’s Old City. Alongside the Shirvanshahs’ Palace, a 15th-century gem, it is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site, representing cultural heritage of immense significance. This iconic tower graces Azeri currency notes and official letterheads, solidifying its status as a national emblem.
- Juma Mosque: Step inside the Juma Mosque, a magnificent architectural marvel built during the 15th century. Feel the resonance of history within its walls.
- Muhammad Mosque: Visit the Muhammad Mosque of Siniq Qala, where special historical anecdotes await your discovery.
- Miniature Book Museum: Venture into the world’s only museum dedicated to miniature books, nestled within the old quarters of Baku. Delve into the charm of these tiny literary treasures.
- Palace of the Shirvanshahs: The tour culminates with a visit to the grand Palace of the Shirvanshahs, a testament to the opulent heritage of Azerbaijan.
See the Palace of the Shirvanshahs is a 15th-century palace built by the Shirvanshahs and described by UNESCO as “one of the pearls of Azerbaijan’s architecture
Vahid Monument: A Tribute to Literary Legacy
Nestled within the enchanting confines of Baku’s historic Old City lies the Vahid Monument, a splendid tribute to a literary giant whose words continue to resonate with generations. This monument stands as a testament to the enduring influence of Azerbaijani literature and serves as a captivating stop on your journey through this ancient metropolis.
Baku City Duma
The Ismailiyah Palace is a historic architectural gem situated on Istiqlaliyyet Street in Baku, Azerbaijan. Originally constructed during a period of cultural revival in the late 19th century, it has since been repurposed as the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan. This magnificent building reflects the rich heritage and architectural splendor of the region, serving as both a symbol of its history and a hub of modern academic endeavors.
Local Sweat Shop
Taste various dried fruits in Local Shop at old town
See Flame Towers is a trio of skyscrapers in Baku
Martyrs’ Lane or Alley of Martyrs, formerly known as the Kirov Park, is a cemetery and memorial in Baku, Azerbaijan dedicated to those killed by the Soviet Army during Black January 1990
Highland Park, located in the heart of Baku and one of the favourite leisure places of the local residents, is regarded as one of the most beautiful parks of the capital city for a long time.
“Discover the Haydar Aliyev Center with our exclusive PRIVATE OPTIONS.
- $25 per person
PRIVATE TOUR RATES:
- 1 person: Tier 1 – $55 per person
- 2-3 persons: Tier 2-3 – $45 per person
- 4-5 persons: Tier 4-5 – $36 per person
- 6 or more persons: $19 per person
- Confirmation will be provided upon booking.
- This venue is not wheelchair accessible.
- Maximum capacity for this tour/activity is 14 travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Bookings are fully refundable until the start time of the event.
Experience our Old and Modern Baku Tour, a captivating journey through the city’s history, culture, and contemporary charm, ensuring unforgettable memories.”
Explore the Exclusive Perks of Subworkit International’s Business Networking Membership!
Discover an array of discounted services available through Subworkit International that can enhance your business experience. Take advantage of substantial savings on a wide range of offerings, including dining at top restaurants, luxurious hotel stays, VIP transportation services, car rentals, exciting adventure trips, visits to amusement parks, rejuvenating beauty and spa treatments, access to health and fitness clubs, stylish men’s and women’s fashion, and engaging activities for kids. With our membership, you can enjoy generous discounts of up to 20% at all participating businesses. Join us today and unlock a world of unlimited deals!